Thursday, January 26, 2006

Washington D.C., here I come

Thanks to my wonderful country director and our PC doctor, I am being given an opportunity NOT to be kicked out of the PC. This is excellent news. I spoke with my country director earlier this week about the decision for me to leave PC. He agreed with me that I didn't have enough information to make an informed decision on the matter and that PC wasn't giving me any options. So, my country director was able to make some calls on my behalf to the folks in DC and on February 11th, I'll be flying there to speak with an orthopedic specialist about my foot. This means I can have all of the different options presented to me before I decide what to do.
Everything seems to be falling into place. I will be "medically evacuated" rather than separated so that I will not be removed from the PC, rather I will just be on medical leave. I won't have to quit my job or close my bank accounts just yet! This does not guarantee anything, but it gives me a little time to make up my mind (I have 45 days medical leave time). I am soooo thankful that people here at PC, Cape Verde have gone to bat for me to the folks in Washington. I think sometimes administrative decisions are made without thinking about the person who is affected by them. I have been assured by everyone at PC here that they will do everything in their power to get me back here! Life is good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just read this and am so grateful for the news. I won't send the school supplies since you won't get them before you leave. Let us know what's happening. We love you. Celeste

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey! I feel so bad that its taken me this long to even leave a comment, but I have been thinking about you a lot and read about your adventures whenever I get a chance...

It seems like you are really in your element over there so I'm very happy that you have more options available to you now. I am sure everything will work out for the best. We all miss you lots!

-Leia

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am so glad to hear your news!! It sounds like everything is working out. I know you will make the right choices. Can't wait to see you. Morgan said to tell you hey and he loves you.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey! I am sorry I have not written sooner. Other than your foot, it looks and sounds like you are having an incredible experience. I am so happy for you. Good luck!
Love,
Carrie McDonough

Kurtis North said...

That's very PC of the PC to send you ASAP to DC in the USA (courtesy of NASA, or actually, the IRS) to be checked by an MD with a PhD from NYU to be sure you are OK so that you can RSVP back, via the FBI, to CV (cape verde) with an SOS saying it is OK to LOL about your quick return to BPT (black people time) in Africa.

KNO

Anonymous said...

Honey, I've been trying to call this afternoon, but neither you or Diane will answer. WHERE ARE YOU? Anyway, we can talk all of the time soon. I'm sorry you won't be here for the shower for Holly in Tupelo; I'm hoping to get to go up for it and would love your company. See you SOON! Mom

Mon said...

Good news Casey! Hope things continue to work out for you!

Brent said...

Woo hoo potentially no med-sep! Heal up and we'll be looking forward to your return if all goes well!