Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Vistors

Over the New Year break, two volunteers from Senegal came to Cape Verde. Jenn and Dave flew into Praia and got to visit our little island. This past week, two other Senegalese Volunteers, Courtney and Karly, visited us as well. These visits were a great opportunity for me to hang out with people from an entirely different Peace Corps experience than my own. They live in mud huts in the hottest parts of Africa and work on farms. It's pretty different than living in an apartment in a capital city. The best part about their visit was that it made me realize how much I absolutely love what I am doing. Telling others about your life and introducing visitors to my world here was wonderful. I was able to have each pair of visitors have Sunday lunch with me at my homestay family's home. It was great for them to see how Cape Verdeans live and eat the food that is indigineous to this part of Africa.

Having visitors come see where you live makes you realize how much you love (or hate in some cases) where you are stationed. As you all know from previous blog entries, I love where I live. I love my life here and am so happy to be in Cape Verde. I will be flying out of here on February 12th, and I will miss this place terribly while I am away.

No comments: