Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Students can make your day sometimes

Today a student, Joana, came up to me after class to speak with me. She asked me if I would be willing to spend time with her on the weekends so that she could work on improving her English speaking skills (her writing is quite good). I, of course, said YES (It's not all that often that students want to be even better and improve outside of class). The best part of the story is that she thanked me for agreeing to help her. Just before she left the room, she turned around and said, "oh teacher! One more thing, I love you, teacher". It was soooo sweet. She just made my day! I can't believe how kind and generous and caring my students are. They constantly tell me that I can't leave them, even in two years! They want me to stay until they complete their program at ISE.... Teaching can be so wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Casey-
I so know what you mean, there are days that you think, "Oh my gosh I can not go back " but when things are said to you like that you know why you wanted to be a teacher in the first place. Just know that I do not think it wil go over with everyone if you stay longer!!! Hope you have agreat week. Please come home soon.
Love ya Holly