So, I have to have surgery. I am in Dakar and have met with the podiatrist, the orthepedic surgeon, and had a series of Xrays. This all led to the conclusion that surgery is inevitable. My fracture has gotten worse not better. At this point the PC doc wants me to have the surgery here with the French orthopedic surgeon I met with today. I am a little nervous about this prospect. I have some time to think it over. I'll need to have the surgery during my school break in February. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers! I'll write more later. Now I have to go try to get a flight back to Cape Verde! Txau.
Addendum: Apparently there have been a few "red flags" in Washington. I am now waiting for my Xrays to be sent to DC for evaluation. It seems as if there are some questions about the diagnosis given by the doctor in Dakar and about how long the bone has been broken. I'll just trying to remain calm while the powers that be fight it out. Hope for the best...whatever that is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Casey-
Oh my gosh!! I am so sorry to hear that you are having to have your foot worked on. I hope that everything goes ok and I will keep you in my prayes as always.
love ya
holly
Casey,
Good luck with your foot. That stinks! That is, your situation, not your foot....ha ha!!!
www.coffeeandbananas.blogspot.com
is THE place for low quality entertainment and potty humor regarding Costa Rica.
Take care....
Kurt
Hey Casey, REALLY push to come back to the U.S. I will come see you in D.C. You can show me how tan you are and I can blind you with my whiteness (literally and figuratively). Take care! jILL
Post a Comment