




Today I went hiking in the prettiest spot on this island! Serra Malegueta is beautiful, just look at the pictures! We went up to the Principal valley at 8 and hiked for about 4 1/2 hours. There were 12 of us, some trainees and three volunteers. It was a really, really relaxing and nice hike, which is exactly what I needed after the horrendous week I have had. I have been completely and totally stressed out. My new dog has decided that he is crazy. He jumped at me and ripped my shirt, growled and snapped at three friends, and he has just been mean in general. I have talked to a new trainee, Rhett, who will be living in my house, and he wants Max. I am debating about this issue. I'm not sure if I should give up on him so easily, but he seems to have aggression issues that I'm not prepared to deal with. I am going to speak with his former owner about him and see what I should do. Rhett wants to train him out of his behavior, and at this point I am ready to just give Max to someone who is not scared of him! I'll keep you posted on this issue. I am moving on Friday, Sept. 8th, so I will have made a decision by then. Any advice from my friendly readers is welcome!
1 comment:
As for Max - I don't think you are "giving up" on him too easily if you decide to let him live with someone else. You have A LOT going on right now AND it takes A LOT of time and energy to train a dog...especially one that seems to have aggression issues.
Trust that you will know what is best for you!
Post a Comment