I have tried to get rid of Max, but it doesn't seem to be working. As I type, he is sitting outside of the door to the Peace Corps office just waiting for me. Here's the story....
First, I arranged for Max to live with Rhett. Then Rhett's roommate didn't want a dog.
Second, I arranged for Max to live with Rhett's homestay family in Sao Domingos. I went yesterday to get Max and take him to Sao Domingos, but he was conveniently nowhere to be found.
Then, I returned from Sao Domingos and ran by my old house to get a few things. When I got there, Max was happily waiting for my return. So, since I am now staying in a hotel across the street from the Peace Corps office, I brought him here to eat and had him stay outside.
Next, I talked to a guard who said he would take Max (his dog had recently died). I thought I was home-free at this point! This morning, I walked out of the hotel, expecting Max to be around with the guy who lives here. But, the man told me that Ze (Max's former owner) picked him up in his car this morning and told the guy that Max had a home in Sao Domingos! I had told Ze this yesterday when I went to Sao Domingos and ran into him and his wife.
Finally, this afternoon, I have to run back to my old house and who is there waiting at the door, but MAX! He returned to my house, from Ze's house!
Honestly, I just can't win. Not at all! This dog is sticking to me. I have to call Ze and figure out what the heck is going on! Goodness gracious! This is getting ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment