Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm never getting out of here

My boss just told me that I now have to stay in Praia until next Wednesday for a review of this summer's training. On Saturday the new volutneers will be sworn in as official volunteers, which will formally make me a 2nd year volunteer. Also on Saturday the new folks will be moving into my home, which means that I will have to move into a hotel until the following week when I can get out of here. The hotel has AC and hot water so I am not complaining about this at all.

Oh, I do have a house in Mindelo. According to my new boss, Dora, the house is near her home, is furnished, is close to school, has hot water, and a good roof space. I hope she is right, at this point, I am not all that sure about what things will be like when I get there. I do know that Mindelo is having its cultural festival/ theater festival now, so that will be fun! Now that my moving date has been pushed back, I'll be in Praia a bit longer, which is not all that bad. I will get to see my students once more before going and I will get to get some more work done here before I leave!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey. I'm so relieved that you have a house; another bad dog you can get, but a house is pretty important. This is your mother speaking, you know. Max is as cute as can be, and please don't look at it as giving up but giving to Rhett. He sounds like the man for the job.

I called and got your machine...funny message. We love you here. MOM