Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thesis Defenses

The most rewarding thing I have participated in this country have been the Thesis defenses. I have had all three of my students submit their work and all three have passed or will pass soon. I am extremely proud of my three guys who stuck with it and finished ON TIME. We had 27 students commit in September to writing a thesis this year, but only 7 actually finished. All of mine and all of Dianne's. The other students will have to wait until October to defend their work.

The process of advising students on their thesis is incredibly challenging and in the end, incredibly fulfilling. I get to watch my students grow and change and learn all of the time. I had three great students who committed themselves to their projects and they succeeded. I couldn't ask for more. One of my students even earned the highest mark thus far!

Teaching, in all its forms, is an amazing gift. I am really happy I came to Cape Verde to act in this capacity for my students!

No comments: