Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy 4th of July, Happy 5th of July, and Happy 28th Birthday to me!

It is our nation's 230th birthday on the 4th. It is Cape Verde's 36th birthday on the 5th. And it is Casey Malone Maugh's 28th birthday on the 8th.

July sure is a great month. So many birthday's of significance fall in this great month. I can't believe I will be 28 years old. When you're a little kid, it's hard to imagine being in your 20's. And in your teenage years, it's hard to imagine being older than about 21 or 22. Now that I'm nearing 30, it's hard to imagine what the next 27 years will hold for me. I've had a fantastic 27 years, so I expect the next to be great too. I do know that this past year in Cape Verde has truly been one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences of my life. I also can guarantee that this next year will be equally as rewarding and challenging. I only hope that in my next year here in Cape Verde that I can make even more strides to improve this country and improve my own life. I think it's going to be good!

For all of you readers who have been dying to send me things, now is your chance. If you haven't sent anything yet, don't worry, I'll accept belated gifts TOO! Just kidding. I know that my birthday here will be very low key, but I think that's a good thing. I'll have time to reflect on what it means to be a year older.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, Happy 4th of July!!!! I hope you have fireworks (lights) on by now to celebrate. I am at Leasa's and Tatia and Robert and Ashley and Porter, etc. We have missed you so much; you and David must come next...or next. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!
We arrived home last night from the coast. We had a wonderful time, but we are glad to be home. You would be so proud of your brother, he let your mom do the muscle test on him. He is taking her advice and is using the meds she gave him to make him beter. I hope your lights finally came back on at your house. A website should be up and running soon so you can see pictures of the wedding. Your mom and I tried calling Sunday on the way to Aunt Pat's, but you did not answer. We miss you!!!! Love Holly

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey,
I hope you had a wonderful 4th and 5th, and I espcially hope you have a wonderful 8th! We miss you and hope to talk to you soon. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Casey,

Well welcome to the age of old. You should really ask timmy about being old. He has the most experience of most people I know. Well I miss you and you have to come back and see me next time you break something. I hope that you have a great birthday!!
Love ya,

JG

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!!!
Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. I hope you have gotten lots of gifts. Maybe next year you will be home for your birthday and we will have a big party!!!

love ya
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hey

Happy Birthday Casey I hope your having a great Birthday today and we love you and miss you can't wait to see you!!

Love your little brother Morgan

Mon said...

Happy Birthday Casey!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Casey.

Hope you're having a Happy Birthday! I bet you didn't expect to get birthday wishes from Josh, too...the fact that his post is one full of wit and charm is probably the only gift you'll need this year.

-Tim