No lights. No rain. No pin drive.
That about sums up what's been going on here on my island!
No lights.
But things are looking up from what I hear. The rumor in Praia is that the new generator for the power company is here and we will see the results of this very soon. This week I got my power bill from my time without electricity and it was DOUBLE what it normal is. Geez, no power and I'm getting to pay for the power that I'm not even using. What is that about???? This is driving me crazy. I really hope they get this all resolved soon. I can't afford to pay double what I usually pay. When you are making $300 a month, a $40 power bill hurts. I know it doesn't seem like much but it's a pretty good chunk of my salary.
No rain.
I reported our first rain just last week. That was apparently the first and last rain. We have had no great waterworks come our way since. A few sprinkles here and there, but not enough to make a dent in the constant water crisis.
No pin drive.
My amazing gift for destorying or losing electronic equipment is astonishing. Recently my old pin drive quit working, so I turned to the new one my Aunt and Uncle gave me before moving here. I had only been using it for a short time when it went missing. I have not used it much since school has been out, but I know I had it last Thursday in the Peace Corps office. It is pretty difficult to survive nowadays without a pin drive since I am constantly moving from computer to computer just to try to beat the failing power.
I am pretty ready to move. I have just a few more weeks until I pack up and head North. I defintely looking forward to my life in Mindelo. I am also looking forward to the new addition to my household, MAX - the wonder dog! I get him on August 8th! I'll post some photos of him when I get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment