Well, the title basically says it all ! Oh wait, you can't read Crioulu. The title says "I BROKE MY FOOT."
After several months of having a foot pain, several inconclusive Xrays, and some blood work, I found out today that I broke my foot. The Peace Corps doctor decided to try one more angle on the Xray to see if there was a hidden fracture. SURE ENOUGH, there was. I broke my foot and now I am at the Peace Corps office waiting for the nurse to take me to the hospital to talk to the orthepedic doctor.
I'm back from the doctor! Great news, I get to go to the continent. Apparently the fracture I have is in a small bone underneath the pad of my foot, which means that casting it will not work because I'll break it again. ALSO, this fracture is also apparently OLD, so I've just been continuously hurting it for quite some time. It now hurts really, really bad.
The doctor says that I must have an MRI, which cannot be done in Cape Verde. I will be headed to Dakar next week to have this done. Then from there, the doctor said I'll have to have surgery. He said this bone isn't "needed" and it'll need to be removed. The Peace Corps medical officer assured me this surgery is fast and easy! My fear is that this surgery will have to be done in AFRICA! YIKES. Hopefully they'll send me to Portugal or the States. That would be sweet. Either way, I'm off to Dakar soon.... I'll keep you posted on the status of my foot.
As always (now more than ever), any care packages would be greatly appreciated at this point! I am pretty bummed about my foot and the whole surgery thing! Alright, I expect lots of sympathy from all of my friends and family! Txau! Ti logo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You poor thing!!! But what an adventure for you! I love stories, and I can tell this has the making for a great one! I am confident that all will turn out well for you! Other than the foot, your life sounds wonderful, and, although I love living in the USA, it's a bit enviable.(Is that spelled right?) Anyway, back to the dissertation and grant writing and such. Take care of yourself. Luv ya.
Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry to hear you broke your foot. It will though turn out to be a wonderful story you can always tell. I hope other than that your adventure is still going well!!! Morgan and I will put something in the mail soon to make you fell better!
Take care of yourself.
love ya
Holly
Hi Casey, Yikes! Good thing you got that MARATHON out of the way before your hurt your foot. Seriously, this running thing is dangerous, I am sticking to the couch. Heck, who I am kidding, I will sit at a desk and type pointless statements are irrelevent things like raisIns and fatherhood movements.
I just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you. AND I have some DVDs full of your music to send you. Should they go to Cape Verde or Ocean Springs?
We (meaning the kids and I) miss you dearly. Jackson brought home three plump ticks the other day in protest of your absence. Dixie is on Prednizone so she does nothing but consume water and food and therefore scratch the door every two hours to go outside. Dixie is a lot (plumper and) smarter now. She tends to eat the food that misses Jackson's bowl in an attempt to "fool" me into thinking she is not eating his food. Jackson, clearly annoyed that Dixie's uncontrollable hunger leads her to his food, has taken a liking to Dixie's new diet food. In fact, he seems to prefer it to his own food. This whole switch-a-roo is driving me nuts as I now have to chase TWO animals away from the other's food. Ah yes, parenthood.
Shoot me an email with what you REALLY want for Christmas and I will drop some hints in the office. Take care and stay away from the knife.
Miss you lots!
jILL
I'm so relieved that it's a tiny bone, but one you don't "need?" Come on now; God probably had a plan for that tiny bone. I am working on the computer situation. I brought my HP to work today to get Mike to help me with it and to decide if it would be a good thing to send it on to you, but he hasn't had time yet.
Post Katrina everything takes SOOOO long to do. We miss you awfully. Love, Mom
I hope your foot is not hurting to bad. I just wanted to say i love and I hope your having a great day. John austin and i decided that we would send you some gift certificates that expire in one year but that would'nt be all that funny now would it. I thought it would be hilarious but hey maybe not.Anyway i hope your foot falls off so you can come home that would really be sweet action, either way it's bad i really don't know animals. I love you I would send you some reacki but I think there would be a system overload from all that you recieved from mom and aunt Linda HaHa. Lots of love from your little brother morgan
Post a Comment