Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A request

A request:

Dear kind readers,

I would really appreciate a few things from the states, so if you can possibly send any of these things my way, I’d be so grateful. We can’t really buy decent writing utensils here. I would absolutely love to get some pens. They don’t have to be anything special, just some papermate blue pens would do. Also, if someone would be so kind as to send some granola bars my way, that’d be excellent (the ones in the green package, honey and oats). Finally, I really need a cheap, cheap watch. The battery died in my nice watch and I don’t really want to wear that one here anyway cause it’ll get ruined. A $5 watch from a local store would be wonderful. Time really isn’t that important around here except for school. The Peace Corps is REALLY strict on time, so It’d be nice to have a watch. Let’s see, what else? Pictures of people, events, etc, would be great just so I can see what everyone is up to. Just letters in general would be excellent! It’s really nice to receive mail since we can’t check email very frequently. Basically anything else you can think that I might want/need/like, send it on. Thanks a bunch y’all. Txau.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Casey! Everything sounds amazing (I think I say that everytime). I'll head out to the Walmart today and get the things you need. I sure that there is no such thing as too many granola bars and pens, so if anyone else wants to send her some as well, please do! (There seems to be some uncertainty about the mail there). I PROMISE to send this one promptly! Take care, jILL

Anonymous said...

ok just saw this- will send!! love you! - Kat