This week, I was given the opportunity to hold an in service training conference with English teachers from Cape Verde. I was asked if I’d like to have some sort of interaction with my future students at ISE. In the past, volunteers have taught a class or held some sort of meeting with students at ISE. Last week, Jessica gave a 2 day lecture to about 10 students on mythical allusions in literature. It went really well for her and the students at ISE were very smart and there English is surprisingly good. Well, because I will be working on writing an in-service training grant, I thought it would be really nice to have a mini-conference to understand the English teachers in Cape Verde a bit better. The conference was two days and there were about 20-25 people in attendance each day. It went extremely well, better than I could have imagined. I got to talk with some really great teachers who really want to see an INSET program implemented for English teachers in Cape Verde. I am extremely inspired and excited about what is to come. I can’t wait to get started on this project.
My hope is that I can write a small projects grant when school begins and get some money from the Peace Corps to fund my travel to all of the islands. This is my attempt at both doing something good and getting free vacations. Keep your fingers crossed that works out because if it does, I’ll be soooo excited.
Well, that’s about it. Things are winding down here in Sao Domingos, and I can honestly say that I can’t wait for training to be OVER! I’ll be so happy to have my own space and a place away from my host family! Okay, I’m sure I’ll post about my crazy homestay life really soon. Txau, ti logo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment