Sunday, August 21, 2005

Okay, my friends really are leaving

On Friday, we found out where our friends will be moving. My best friend David is leaving for the island of Sao Vicente, which is in the North and very far away. My other friend Nick will be on the island of Sal, also in the North and far away. I´m really excited for them, but selfishly sad because they won´t be near me. I am happy that they will be on really cool islands, so I´ll get to visit. Sao Vicente is home to the best Carnival (mardi gras) locale on the islands, and Sal is a great tourism area with awesome beaches.

I keep telling myself that I´m here to work for the Peace Corps, not worry about my friends. But that is pretty difficult to do. I´ll be moving to Praia in just 3 weeks to start my life there and I couldn´t be happier. I love where I´m going to work and I am super excited!!!

Okay fair readers. I´ll try to write more soon. We´ve been without power for 4 days now at home, so I can´t use my computer. I´ll write more when the power´s back and I´m back in Praia this week. Txau, ti logo.

casey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey, this is your
aunt Pat over here in boring Mississippi. I love reading of your adventures-so interesting-especially the bug up your skirt dancing scene. So funny! We are so happy that you are having so many awesome happenings but we miss you and will be glad to see you again. I got your address and will mail you a letter so you can get some mail. I'll check with Betty Sue to see what you still need. Keep us posted on the men's clothes needs at the addiction recovery center. I may can help out with that. Well, I will go now until the next blog report. You are in our prayers and we love you-Aunt Pat and Uncle Tom