I recently received these pictures from my friend Ceasar (the one who saved my life). They are of our hike to Santa Luzia de Terra. I believe I wrote about picking up the Almonds and cracking them open. I ended up making my first batch of jam out of their fruit.
In the images, you will see our group, a picture of me climbing up the side of a rock just for fun, me about 150 feet up in the top of the almond tree trying to knock the ripe ones out, and pictures of us trying to crack open the almonds for a snack!
That was a great day hike, I am really lucky to have such a great group of friends to do things with on Sunday mornings. It's been amazing seeing this island from places that people never go!
Oh, the name of the place we hiked is Santa Luzia de Terra because there is an islet in Cape Verde called Santa Luzia, so this is distinguished by being called the Santa Luzia "of the land"
No comments:
Post a Comment