Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving on Saturday



Since it would have been difficult to coordinate a Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, we decided to invite all of the volunteers to our home on Saturday. It was a great day. Everyone contributed something wonderful to eat. We had a turkey that Elizabeth made. It was the best turkey I've ever had! It was marinated for a long time and cooked to perfection. It was a rather small bird, but it fed us all and we are still enjoying leftovers. I made some lemon chicken and little lemon icebox pies (you can see them if you click on the first picture). I didn't have a pie plate, so I just made little individuals in little cupcake papers. Our friends made: mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, baked beans, potato salad, squash, collard greens, salad, twice-baked potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, spice cake, chocoloate cake, chocolate mousse, and deviled eggs! It was a great time and the food was excellent. We have some wonderful chefs in the group, so it all went wonderfully!

No comments: