Oh happy day! I may not have written about my buying a pair of cheap sandals, wearing them once and having them break. Well, I took them to get repaired. After a couple of days of this, I got them, all fixed. The guy who repaired them put them in a bag and I headed to the media center to do some work. Naturally, because I can be absent-minded, I forgot the bag at the media center! Great. So, I returned the following morning and no one seemed to know about it. I returned for several days and talked to several different employees. No one had any information. That was about 4 weeks ago. Today, I ran into the center to do a little work in the air conditioning (it is still about 1 million degrees here, I think it's getting hotter), and the guy who works there came right up to me to tell me he had my bag!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! So, I got my shoes back. Now I can wear them for the second time. This time they are repaired and should be better! What a life I lead here in the underdeveloped world! I swear, I'm not helping with development, I'm just becoming Cape Verdean and being so laid back about things that I forget my head!
And, since I wrote this blog posting, I wore my new, newly repaired, newly found shoes down the street to a school. On the 200 yard walk back, one of the shoes began to come apart on a different spot. I guess it’s back to the repair guy again! I can’t give up on these shoes, now they have a story to tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment