I recently had to go to the hospital for an X ray on my broken pinky toe. I noticed something very interesting while I was there. All of the nurses and orderlies were wearing flip flops. They had on their blue scrubs with the same blue flip flops, which makes me think they are standard issue! This was very interesting to me considering the fact that the hospitals here are pretty bare and pretty dirty. The folks who work there deal with all kinds of crazy things and they presumably have to move heavy bodies and deal with bodily fluids. Flip flops just don’t seem like the right choice for hospital employees. The doctors don’t wear flip flops, which is also strange since everyone else does.
In our hospitals and doctors offices in the states our nurses and doctors wear specially made shoes for back support and such. They are very particular about their shoes because they are standing on their feet all day and doing strenuous work (sometimes). Things are different here, in so many ways…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment