Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Update on my life

Hi faithful readers! Things here in Cape Verde are moving right along. The school is going great. I am loving teaching and my schedule is now becoming second nature so that it doesn't feel like such a strain. The 1,000 cranes are flying along and I have decided to also teach an English course to the boys at Nho Djunga. Well, actually, they recruited me. So, I will now spend an extra hour a week there to focus on some basic English lessons with the boys who are really interested.

In other, non-teaching news, I am planning to move! I moved into my current apartment by assuming the year-long contract on the house. The contract is up next month and the landlord wants me to pay 2 months rent up front. OH, and he's raising my rent. So, I'm moving. I love my place, but more than that I love my neighborhood. And luckily, yesterday I talked with some neighbors and they said not to worry because there are two apartments open on my street. Then this afternoon, one woman gave me the telephone number of the landlord for one of them and is arranging a meeting to see the second one. They are both in my price range and both on my same street, which is the best part of it all! So, I am feeling pretty happy about that.

I went on a beach clean up this past weekend and will post pictures as soon as possible. I also have some photos of my students and the school, which I will also post when I have time to get them off of my camera and go through them. I hope all is well. I have gotten some emails from friends lately, so keep sending them! I miss you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your apt. I am so sorry that you have to leave! Jackson looks content too. WE are counting the day s until Christmas! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are having to move! I hope you enjoy your new place!!!! I have you a surprise when you come home! MOrgan is out of town this week, so I am just being bored. When he is not there I have no entertainment!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!!

love HOlly