




Our most recent hike was to Santa Luzia de Terra. This is the green oasis in the middle of the desert valley outside of town. We took my mom there when she visited. It's a nice spot and it is also the place where there is a huge almond tree. Last year we spent hours up there collecting the fruits, but this time they weren't quite ripe, so we will return in a month or so.
Unfortunately when I was taking the pictures off of my camera, something happened and I lost most of them, especially the really good ones. But, Pedro passed his on to me, so you will see a few photos of me that he took. So, it's cool because he took lots of group shots and shots of me climbing around up there! Enjoy!
Oh, and while I'm writing, today is a national holiday. It's All Saints Day. In Cape Verde, they celebrate religious holidays at the national level, so we are off of work today. I've been invited to a barbeque out in Sao Pedro again, so I'm headed out there now! Then tonight our yoga group is meeting. Though Elizabeth has left, we have managed to still meet and we are continuing on with new leadership and new, exciting classes!
No comments:
Post a Comment