Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I wish I had my camera...
Yesterday, after a wonderful origami hour, I was crossing a relatively busy boulevard. Cars were zooming down the two sides of the road and people were crossing the streets and buses were loading and unloading. As I crossed the road, I saw in the median 5 goats. There are some beautiful bushes in the planters separating the two lanes of traffic, well they were beatiful bushes. Now the bushes are stripped bare by the goats! It was so funny to be walking down the road and just staring at these goats. What was even more funny was that no one was paying attention. It was so normal for most people, that I was the only person wishing they had a camera. This is truly the moment where the old Cape Verde meets the new Cape Verde. It was a great experience because often times in Mindelo, I forget that I am in a third world country with a rural side to it. Just outside of the city, things are quite different! As I said, I wish I had had my camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment