Thursday, June 21, 2007

Checkin In

I don't have a ton to write at the current moment. I am in my last week of school here, so I am anxious to get the final grades done and turned in. Outside of school, things are going really well. The business is coming together beautifully. I must admit that I have 100% confidence that we will be successful because I truly believe that what we are doing is needed and will help others. I am thrilled to announce that a non-profit group, M.O.R.E., has taken on English Unlimited as part of its group, so they will be able to find resources for us as well as take care of our bookkeeping. This also means that since they will be handling our funding, donors can have a tax write off. This will likely encourage more people to get involved and possibly give more. I sure hope that's the case anyway.

The other HUGE news is that Monica Battle, a friend who works in Pascagoula, MS, and her son are organizing a coast-wide event to fundraise for English Unlimited. This means that a huge effort will be made on our behalf to raise money on the coast. I can't believe the generosity that Monica and her son have displayed. I know that we are going to be successful!

Well, the results are slow to come so far, and we are anxious to get money in the bank so that we can start doing what we need to do. But, I know that the fundraiser and other things will put us in a great position to meet our goals! Also, I hope that all of my faithful readers are also contributors! I really appreciate all of the support we've gotten so far and look forward to more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sis! well Morgan and I are so ready for you to come home! We wish you would be here for your birthday, but maybe next year! Morgan says you HAVE to comde HOME sometime! I hope all is well and cannot wait for you to come visit when you get home! we love you and miss you!!!!!!!!

holly and morgab

V said...

Hi Casey, good job! We are excited about your project and will do anything we can to help. I personally would love to see the islands, sounds like a great adventure! Look forward to seeing you soon.

Dr Virginia Schafer
Executive director _ M.O.R.E. - a nonprofit