This Sunday morning, after a battle with a killer cold, I decided to join my hiking group. We headed out to Flamengo beach today. On the hike there, we crossed through some farming land that I had visited before. I believe I wrote here about my visit with the delegate for Agriculture and she showed me the farming land that has benefited from the recycled water system they have here in Sao Vicente. Well, today, we came across that same green area. This time I was armed with my camera, and I was determined to get some good photos. Lately my photos haven't really been coming out well. Partly is due to the fact that I have a new camera since the robbery and I haven't really learned to use it. Well, I think I did better today. I got some great shots of the farming land, the little shacks in the area, and the beach.
The walk was peaceful and we had a new member today. Well, she was new to me, apparently she used to hike all the time, but she hasn't been around for a while. She was nice and brought a ton of coffee on the hike and then asked Pedro to carry it! Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee, so I didn't get to enjoy her efforts!
That's about it on this Sunday. I spent my week in Praia and got a cold from one of the 40 volunteers at the conference. I am happy to be back home and to have gotten a couple of days rest. I am still recovering, but today's hike got me some fresh air and back on my feet. I should find out tomorrow about the USM job, so keep your fingers and toes crossed. If it doesn't work out, there's always something else in the works! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment