Saturday, July 30, 2005

A FAN, I GOT A FAN!!!

Oh happy day! You cannot imagine how absolutely delighted I was to enter my room on Thursday to find a FAN! I have been sleeping in my hot, sticky bedroom for nearly 3 weeks without a fan! Most people don’t have fans, in fact, I think they’re for sissies, but I’ll be considered a sissy for such a sweet, wonderful thing. My fan is beautiful. It has three speeds and rotates! You see, I am unable to open my shutters at night just to be safe and I can’t leave my door open for the same reason. The little ventilation that does come through my room is barely perceptible to the human flesh! So, as you might imagine, it’s been a little on the hot side at night. And this heat is just fine because when I’m asleep, I really don’t mind it. The real reason for the excitement and wasting of your time, is that the fan is a wonderful sound blocker! At about 3:30 or 4 the roosters begin to crow, which to most people, isn’t the best way or time to wake up every single morning. My new fan blocks out the sound of the crowing roosters, which is absolutely lovely! I have slept with my fan for two nights and it has been the best two nights of sleep I’ve had here! I love my fan! Okay, as you can see, simple pleasures in life are much appreciated when you live on an island in the Atlantic! I’ll bid you a “bo noite” (good night). Txau, bon sonhu.

No comments: