I haven't posted in forever, so I figure I should get back into it. I have a lot of new pictures, so I'll post them soon. I have been super busy while my mom was visiting, so now I'm getting back into the blog. Today. I am sitting in Praia at the Close of Service conference. This is our last official Peace Corps obligation before we leave the country. So far we have discussed how to get our plane tickets home and howt o get medical insurance after Peace Corps should we contract some awful disease related to our time here! I sure hope that doesn't happen. We even got to watch an awfully boring video concerning how to use the US labor department's health care service, FECA! It was all very interesting.
In the past weeks, I have been exposed to so much and done lots of great things. Most exciting thing so far has been the origami project. My mom came to the country bearing lots of paper for folding and a new book. So, the boys were SUPER excited, and we were asked to put together an exhibit for June 1st (Children's day). I have great photos and we have put together a ton of new origami figures for the big day. I'll post the pictures when I have time!
For now, that's about it. I'll write more as I think of it! Oh, my mom is now gone and we had a fabulous time and I miss her sooooo much.
No comments:
Post a Comment