Happy International Women's Day!
I never knew there was such a thing as International Women's Day until I lived in Cape Verde. Of course, last year I missed it due to foot surgery, but this year I was here to fully enjoy it. on women's day in Sao Vicente, men buy women flowers. Bosses give their female employees gifts and the day off. It's crazy. What a great day. I was told on the street many times "happy women's day" and men were thankful and grateful in meetings for women. I was in a staff meeting today and one of the philosophy professors stopped us to say happy women's day to all the ladies in the room. It was great. I never knew about such a day in the states. I always knew that March was Women's month, but the 8th was never a significant date until I moved outside of the country. Our culture has so much to learn...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment