I know that in the U.S. we so infrequently get days off that they are treasured days of relaxation. In Cape Verde, I've come to dislike their love for holidays. They totally screw up my class schedule. This semester I am only teaching on Mondays and Fridays, which are exactly when the holidays fall. We began school in March, we just had a week off for Easter, then just last Monday was Labor Day, then next Friday will be some other holiday, which is a big festival in Praia (which I won't go to because foreigners are prime crime targets at these kind of things). This means that I'll miss another day with my students! Great. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have days off, but so many days off gets annoying when you only teach 2 days a week and the days you teach are inevitably holiday days!
Please, everyone feel very sorry for me because I hardly ever have to actually work! I know, I know, my life is sooooo hard. Really, it's tragic!
2 comments:
Hey there!
You are so crazy! I wish I only had to teach 2 days a week. That would be great. We are going to the coast this weekend. Morgan is really excited. He is trying to find your Mom a Mother's Day gift. Everything he picks out is so not for a girl, but you know how he is about shopping. I can't wait to call. We promise we will call soon. the card I got was messed up so they are sending me another pin number and I will call. the pictures from the wedding are so good. I hope you get to see them soon. I miss you and love you!!!
Holly
OK, so now I know that I am going to be seeing Holly and Morgan AND that I'm getting a present!! Oh, boy! I'm excited about seeing you guys, but I wish Casey were also going to be here, too! Love you ALL. MOM
Post a Comment