Thursday, March 16, 2006
Cape Verde... I'm headed home
I have just been cleared to return to my wonderful life in Cape Verde. I met with the surgeon yesterday, and he has given me the thumbs up to go back. I cannot express just how happy I am to know for certain that I will be returning. I am also with a heavy heart to again have to leave my home in Mississippi. I love the South, my family, and friends, and after seeing what remains after Katrina, it is that much harder to leave. I only hope that the hurricanes steer clear of this area in the upcoming season so that everyone has time to rebuild and recover in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Safe travels!
Here comes trouble! I better hide all the booze.
-SALty Dog
Hi! My name's Jessi Mangum. I'm pretty sure our parents are friends. Our dads work together.
Anyway, I'm a senior in high school, and I know it's probably kind of early to be making any plans, but I dream of some day being a part of the Peace Corps. My dad gave me your blog address. He expressed that you may be able to answer a few things I've been curious about.
First of all, I'll be attending LSU next year. My intended major is physics, and, ideally, I will go into the Peace Corps between undergraduate school and graduate school. All I know is that I want to help people, but with a major in physics, I have no clue what I would do in PC... Does your job necessarily relate to your college course of study?
Also, did you choose to be stationed in Cape Verde? I think that's awesome. I've sort of set my sights on Africa.
Reading your blog with all its enthusiastic optimism, I'm becoming more confident in my "decision" (if you can call it that, this far in advance).
Thanks for your time, and I hope your foot feels better!
-Jessi
Post a Comment