This is a blog about my experience with the Peace Corps in the Cape Verde islands. "The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of Peace Corps or the U.S. Government."
Monday, September 12, 2005
Okay, I'm in Praia
Alright everyone, I promise to get to posting now that I am in my new apartment. I'll write more really soon. I'd love to hear about what's going on with each of you too. I miss you all. Txau.
Glad to hear that everyone is doing ok down in the (literally, now) "dirty" South. Hi Morgan, John Austin, Duke, and Betty Sue...glad you all made it out ok. Being in Colorado I can't even comprehend a minor hurricane, much less the worst natural disaster in US History.
If anyone can't get their fill of this stuff, read Erik Larson's "Isaac's Storm," about the (up until now) worst hurricane in US History that destroyed the once booming Galveston, Texas.
Hopefully, New Orleans and other affected cities recover better than old Galveston did.
Well, not much news from here...Casey, I am looking forward to hearing about your new residence and new adventures as you finally get "started".
1 comment:
KC,
Glad to hear that everyone is doing ok down in the (literally, now) "dirty" South. Hi Morgan, John Austin, Duke, and Betty Sue...glad you all made it out ok. Being in Colorado I can't even comprehend a minor hurricane, much less the worst natural disaster in US History.
If anyone can't get their fill of this stuff, read Erik Larson's "Isaac's Storm," about the (up until now) worst hurricane in US History that destroyed the once booming Galveston, Texas.
Hopefully, New Orleans and other affected cities recover better than old Galveston did.
Well, not much news from here...Casey, I am looking forward to hearing about your new residence and new adventures as you finally get "started".
Take care,
Kurt
Post a Comment