Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Devastation

I experienced my first moment of PURE devastation today. I went running this morning, on my usual route, but I decided to take my IPOD along with me. I have been running the same path for a little while now and feel as if it is safe enough to take my most valuable possession. I was right, nothing happened to me or my IPOD while I was running this morning. What did happen is that my IPOD froze. This has happened before, so I read online about how to reset the system and this works fine every time... until today. Today, when I returned from my run, I reset the device. This afternoon, I grabbed it to take with me on some errands and EVERYTHING had been erased. All of my music is GONE.

Now I know that this is just a material possession. I know I should not be "devastated" by this event. But I am. Music is that thing that keeps me connected to friends and family. It is the thing that makes me remember certain places and times. My friend Brock just emailed to say that he got an Ipod. He told was writing about how nice it was to hear songs that make us laugh and remember the good times in our past. It is so true. Nowadays, being so far from home, my music is even more important than ever.

Well, here comes the plea. If you have any music at all that you can burn onto CD, please do. Send it all to me, anything you can. If you can burn things as "data" music, you can get more on a disc too. I'd really, really appreciate this. Think of this as my very own "save the music" campaign :). Okay, I know this is different, but I'm desperate...... You can send me music to my address here (another reminder of my address):
Casey Maugh, PCV
A/C Corpo da Paz
C.P. 373 - Praia
Republic of Cape Verde
POR AVION (please put this at the bottom and write "via Portugal")

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fortunately, your person wasn't *devastated.*

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey, this is Mike "the computer guy" from MGCCC. Your mother told me about your blog today. Very cool. I have LOTS of music. What kind of stuff do you like? Can you read DVDs?

Anonymous said...

Oh. This might help ;)
mikewifak@gmail.com

Jill said...

Hey Casey, Have no fear. I still have all (alomsot all) of your songs on my computer AND my parents got me a DVD burner for graduation so as I soon as I get it set up correctly (it is having some problems). Can you read DVDs on your comp?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your "devestation"; knowing you as we do, we understand. I am working on getting you some songs off of your computer and on a flash drive and sending them with this next package. I got your favorite shampoo and a few more clothes.

Mississippi is getting back to something close to "normal." Traffic jams are a way of life, and we now have the most uninhabited beaches in the United States right here along the Gulf Coast. Love, Mom