Getting back and forth from Cape Verde is always a challenge. After about 20+ hours of waiting around in airports, I am back and hard at work. We opened several new classes and signed contracts with 2 new businesses this week, which means that we will have even more classes beginning. We also welcomed a new teacher, Josh! He flew in on Wednesday and is getting adjusted to his new life here.
Oh! Jackson is doing fine. He was slightly annoyed with me for leaving him over the holidays. My friend Ivan took good care of him. He was well fed and quickly got over his attitude. Now he won't leave my side for fear that I will leave again!!!
Let's see, other than that, I'm teaching 28 hours per week, which is absolute insanity. Nick is teaching even more than me, so our schedules are FULL. But, carnaval (Mardi Gras) is on the 5th of February, so we will have a short break.
I think that's about it.... Except, my memory card on my camera has gone out. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing. I'm giving it a couple of days to rest before trying again. My New Year's resolution is to be positive, so I'm positive this is just a little glitch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment