Okay, after two days of interviewing... it's over! It was great. I have no idea if I'll get the job, but at least the interview part is through. I must say that I was NOT once nervous or intimidated by the process. I have never felt more comfortable in what is supposed to be an uncomfortable situation. Everyone went out of their way to be kind and thoughtful. They all were just wonderful. I'd be so lucky to work at USM. I realized while I was there that this would be just an incredible opportunity if offered.
I found out that the senior faculty have all been on staff for about 26-17 years. Then they didn't hire for 17 years because no one left. Then they hired Eura, a colleague from Penn State 2 years ago, then another new guy last year, so they are just getting new blood in the department. Every single person I interviewed with, the faculty and the deans, said they came to USM 20+ years ago and didn't intend to stay. They are all still around, and they all assured me that it was a great place to work!
We'll see. They have one more candidate after me on Tuesday and Wed. then they'll make a decision. I know I have the support of Dr. Erickson, the rhetoric professor, but other than that, I have no clue. He just told me that he was all for me! So, I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment